Expand my Community achievements bar.

Possibility to attach excel file inside a Custom Form

Level 10
Hei Is there a possibility to attach an excel file in advance inside a custom form? Since not all the time all forms required to convert in custom form? I am looking to open this attached excel file via custom form in a queue topic. Any recommendation in this regard...... Regards, Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but on a Custom Form, you can add a "Descriptive Text" field that will allow you to add information and link to a page/file. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
I want to attach an excel file in the queue topic, so that it is visible in the request before submitting. An excel file but not a link for file. Could you suggest any idea? With regards, Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Community Advisor
What we've done for this is used the Descriptive Text field as Terry suggested, of course you have to house the file somewhere in order to have a link to it. So we either house it within the Request Queue, since that is a project you can just upload it to the documents tab. Or if that custom form will be used on Queue Topics in various Request Queues, we house the file in the documents of another project specifically for housing those kinds of files. Then the requester can download the file, fill in any information and upload it back into the documents section of the request. We also generally have a question toward the end of the form that says "Did you remember to upload your file to the documents area" and we make that a required field.