Expand my Community achievements bar.

Portfolio Optimizer: how to differentiate projects on a roadmap for this year versus last year // statuses?

Level 5

Hello! New to using Portfolio Optimizer this year. We used it last year but someone else was leading the work on this. Here is my scenario and question:

In our process, we have the business submit their roadmap project requests for 2023-2025 so we can prioritize them via Optimizer (using the business case/scorecard section). We also did this process last year for 2022-2024 projects. Last year, we converted these project REQUESTS into PROJECTS and estimated durations and costs, added in the scorecard, and set the status to "Approved". I no longer want to see those projects in Approved status from last year. Is there any negative downstream impact if I create a NEW STATUS called "Approved 2023-2025" and equate it with Approved, to use for this year's roadmap projects? We don't want to lose the historical information with last year's roadmap projects, but not having done this process yet, I don't know if I will be creating any pitfalls for myself later on in the process if I do create a new approved status for this year's roadmap projects.

Thank you for your insights.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies