Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Pie Chart - Wedges Distribution (Best Fit?) to avoid overlapping

Level 1
Hello community, does anyone know if in a pie chart we can set up the chart to distribute the wedges ( in my case: names of categories) with a best fit to spread around option? Kind of like excel can do? I have quite a lot of categories and they overlap. I can then manually move it around (like a clock) and it distributes nickel, however upon refreshing it turns back into the old view. :( Thanks. Dea Mijakovac Mouser Electronics
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dea, Workfront's charts are built upon a technology called Fusion Charts (not to be confused with the recently released "Fusion" marketing name of Workfront's integration platform), and although Workfront exposes many aspects of Fusion Charts, preserving a particular degree of rotation on a pie chart is not among them. If you can spare some detail, you could add an alternative custom data parameter and by setting the smaller pie pieces to somethong common (eg "Other") effectively collapse them into a single pie slice, thereby making more (legible) room for the remaining slices. You (perhaps) could also rename the slices with 01, 02, etc. prefixes to coerce them into a particular order; but depending on the underlying data, Fusion Chart might override that directive over time as relative pie slices change (not to mention that the prefixes could cause confusion). Or, you could continue to spin each pie chart manually when warranted. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Hi, Doug, could you point me to more info on how to rename the pie slices? Also. I added custom colors but can't seem to find any documentation on using custom colors or applying them to specific wedges on the pie chart. Thanks! Rhonda Cancino Customer Experience Delivery Manager GM Financial

Level 10
Hi Rhonda, There's a general reference on Reporting "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217355487-Getting-Started-with-Workfront-Reporting-">here . To change the Pie Slice names, I'm suggesting you Group By a custom parameter (e.g. Reporting Name) rather than the Task Name. You could use a text field and update it manually, or use a calculated parameter with a formula of some kind, but if you use a drop down, you might then be able to associate each drop down to a particular color (I've not tested that on a Pie Chart). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try that! Rhonda (Cancino) Triggs CX Delivery Manager / Marketing Workfront Admin GM Financial - Las Colinas, TX