Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF editing in Workfront

Level 1

Hi all! Just a small backstory on why I'm asking this question... my team communicates with our outside vendors through Workfront and when our projects complete, they upload PDF invoices that we then download and edit in Acrobat before manually emailing them to our accounting team. We are trying to expedite our invoicing process and one of the features I would love to have is to be able to edit PDF's within Workfront so we can just edit the PDF's and share them with our accounting team right in the system. Is anybody aware of such functionality?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 9

Document editing in the UI is not a currently supported feature. It is regularly in the top 3 things I get asked for by new teams in my instance though as well.

Community Advisor

I think probably the most you would be able to do is investigate a sharepoint integration with workfront. So basically I picture that your workfront projects would all have a sharepoint folder in the documents section, enabling your vendors to upload straight into the sharepoint folder and you would be able to go to the sharepoint folder to edit the invoices there.

Level 4

We have a clunky way of solving for this using Box.com. We did Box.com vs. SharePoint since we do need to share externally and our SharePoint could not be used with external users.

Our PDFs are stored in Box, and then we add the link to the WF project/task (whatever) for the person to look at and review.

Since Box.com is a cloud provider, clicking the link will take them directly to the file and then can edit the PDF online. When it saves, it saves it back to Box and the link itself.

A bit clunky for sure but it serves the purpose.