Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Official Workfront Timer for Time Tracking

Level 4
Hi everyone, I am looking at the Workfront community for help! There are many of us using Workfront that are in desperate need of a feature that is currently not standard in the system. Many organizations are asking for the same feature, in some way or another. We are requesting a timer functionality for time tracking! We need the ability to track time and activity on tasks, more accurately, with real time. Timesheets lead to inaccurate time tracking, rounding up, estimating, or not tracking time on minor tasks or details. This needs to stop! We need more accurate representation on time logged on tasks, requests, and projects. This can be done through a timer or stopwatch on tasks. There is currently a 3rd party plugin that created this many years back. Workfront has been directing us to use the plugin, however it is pricey, and is not of the best design. I certainly appreciate the initiative these developers have given in order to create a timer functionality for time tracking in Workfront, but we need this as an official feature. One that is not from a 3rd party or costs extra. I am calling on the Workfront Community to help upvote this request. Several similar request can be found in the Idea Exchange, but this one has the most votes:
6 Replies

Level 4
Hi everyone, Thank you all for the help so far! I just wanted to bump this up to ensure it is getting the attention it deserves. If you have not done so already, please help us out by up-voting this request. Thank you! "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001153208-Add-a-timer?flash_digest=9768212cbb69adaf0f14484f3fb4711ceb0c1586" Add a Timer to Workfront Tyler Shannon TechWyse Internet Marketing

Level 4
Hello everyone! We are only 7 votes away from 45 votes! Your support is incredible and greatly appreciated. Please do what you can to push this through, the home stretch is here, and I know this is a long awaited feature for many of us. Thank you! "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001153208-Add-a-timer" Workfront, ADD A TIMER! Tyler Shannon TechWyse Internet Marketing

Level 2
Tyler, I appreciate you keeping this post and idea alive. I voted on your idea and also shared it on a similar thread I found. I also asked my WF rep if there are any plans for integrating a timer since my team is looking for that functionality as well. I'll keep you posted if I get an update, but I did share your idea with them to show how many votes its received since it seems like a worthy upgrade. Hoping to avoid using a paid plugin. Someone on my team has used Toggl with Workfront and liked it if you're searching for a paid solution in the interim. Andrilita Rodriguez Mattress Firm, Inc.

Level 1

Hi Tyler,

Completely agree! I upvoted the idea post about this as well. I'm really hoping that WF considers adding this soon. We're about to kick off our implementation into the platform and I know that our team is going to be really nervous about losing timers for the reasons you specified a couple years ago here.

Per Andrilita Rodriguez's suggestion earlier, I looked into Toggl also but I'm having trouble getting it to work and am not looking forward to paying for another tool for a feature that should honestly just be part of Workfront.

Still looking forward to moving into WF but definitely would love to see this feature added soon!

Level 2

Is this stil a topic? We would love an integrated time keeping tool as Tyler mentioned in his original comment. A time keeping tool at the Task level would help with accurately capturing hours worked on projects. Please keep this idea going.

Level 1

I'm facing the exact needs and cannot believe that after 5 years nothing has been enabled to track time, WF is an expensive suite and this is highly required and it seems there are no plans to listen to their customers.