Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Number of tasks due vs. actually completed per week

Level 10
Hello. I need help with a chart that shows the number of tasks due vs. actually completed per week. Ideally, the Y (left) axis would be the count and the X (bottom) axis would be a date with a stacked or grouped bar chart showing number of tasks with a planned completion date (grouped by week) vs. number of tasks actually completed on a given date (grouped by week). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Marc. A Workfront column chart can have only one x-axis, so for the orientation you seek, I'd recommend two reports side by side, the left grouped be Planned Completion Date, the right by Actual Completion Date. Not being on a single chart might make it difficult to interpret and use, so another option would be to make one chart, group by Planned Completion Date, but also group and then stack by Task Progress Status (eg On Track, At Risk, Late) to visually indicate the proportion of each. You could then duplicate the report and show the columns stacked to 100% to normalize them, and copy it again and show the stacks beside each other to accentate their relative differences. In every case, of course, users can click on a stack of interest to drill down into the underlying Tasks and take action (eg complete them, extend duration, reassign to your buddy, etc.) Regards, Doug

Level 10
Doug, Thanks for the idea. I tried grouping as you described but might be doing something wrong. WF has Planned completion date along the X, Record cound along the Y. It's showing total number of tasks for each planned completion date and total number of tasks with a Progress Status (which is the exact same number - there is no stack or breakdown). I don't think this is going to work. Since wf allows you to look at Planned/Actual for hours, I was hoping to get the same thing for task completion. Thanks again for the idea.