Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Notifying a user when a project is complete

Level 1

Hi Community.

Is there a simple way to notify a Workfront user when all tasks for a project are complete?

The user is not assigned to any tasks but needs to be FYI'd when it's completed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It might be blocked on your layout template. Your system admin can fix that for you.

You can't add users to the people tab the same way you can in a project but I've done a workaround on the template side by assigning a template task to a user and then un-assigning. By default they are added to the people tab but are not removed from it (you have to do that manually).  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

If they are assigned to either the Project Owner or Project Sponsor I believe they will receive an email with notification once the project is complete.

Alternately, you can tag them in a project update before closing the project.

Community Advisor

You could add the user to the Project Team through the people tab and then turn on this notification for them:

Project

Project Completion to Project Team

A project I'm on is completed.

Users on a project team receive an email notification when the project status is Complete.

Tip: If projects are completed regularly, enabling this option can create a lot of email for users who have a limited number of tasks on many projects.

Level 1

Thanks Kellie, this seems to be the way to go.

The people tab isn't showing for projects I've created, which I assume is a permission issue.

If I understand correctly, you can't add people manually to a template, correct? It would be great to do this, as the same person needs to be notified for all projects I create using a certain template.

thanks again

Tony

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It might be blocked on your layout template. Your system admin can fix that for you.

You can't add users to the people tab the same way you can in a project but I've done a workaround on the template side by assigning a template task to a user and then un-assigning. By default they are added to the people tab but are not removed from it (you have to do that manually).