Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notifications When Tasks are Complete?

Level 3
Hello, Is there anyway to set up a notification when a specific task has been completed? Here's my issue: I create projects where the Creative department creates our social assets but our Digital department puts them up on the website. I don't create Digital tasks on a project that is made for Creative because we report on the project's cost and bucket it to the department. So I don't add a task or someone in digital to work on a project where creative creates social assets. However, I need digital to be notified when the banners are complete, so they're aware that they're available. I know I could add digital as a Viewer in the proofing workflow for that specific asset but those go through proofing, and I don't want them pull out the first proof they get a notification on if it's not finalized. Once proof's are finalized, the designer adds a PNG onto the project. I think if there's a way for digital to get notified immediately once the task is complete, then they'll know to go into the project and pull out the finalized PNG. What I am trying to avoid is the designer having to comment every time they finish a social asset, since we run through so many of them, and tag the digital team member. This in the long run, would take a lot of time and create extra work for the designer -- and they're already super busy. If anyone has some ideas, please let me know! Thank you! MarisolCamposCreative
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor
you might try an approval path on the task, such that when the task is complete, it's the digital team's responsibility to close it by approving that they've done their part of the work. You wouldn't want to do this unless they could close it out in a timely way though. Otherwise I'd just use a report of these completed tasks and have it email out to them regularly and they can work off that. -skye