Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notifications for projects not assigned to

Level 3
We have 3 different project managers that create their own projects and assign to the design and copy teams. The issue that we are having is that people who are NOT assigned or on the projects at all are getting notifications and status updates. For example: a set of projects that I have created with 3 assignments on it only are moving through the queue. Every time there is an update of progress change, another one of the PMs is getting the notifications. The same happens to me when the other PMs's projects move. How do we get this to stop? Nicole Medenilla Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Nicole, The exact types of notification emails will lead you to the answer. Which are they? I suspect that the issue might lie in the templates (if you're using them) to create the projects. Sometimes if the template was created from an existing project, there can be members of the "project team" included on each project, even without being assigned to any tasks. Then if someone sends a message to the project team, they will receive it. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 4
Had a similar problem. Open the project, click on the more drop down and click staffing. Remove anyone you don't want to see this. This list is created on a template and just seems to follow every job from then on. Not really sure why but it solved my problem. Also check the project share group. You might have a group shared with out even knowing because of a overall setting. Hope that quick explanation helped. I try not to get too technical. Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 10
I agree with David. The only time we've encountered this and that's when we started with Workfront is project templates are created thru an existing project. People in the original project got into the template and then we made more templates from the existing template and it was a bit of a kerfuffle to figure out where it's coming from. Our PMs also started created their own templates, not realizing they should remove the people assigned. Regards. Polly Co