Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

No Subject

Employee
Hi everyone! We want to hear from you on where we should focus our efforts next as it relates to rich text formatting/customization. Please to let us via the poll below. Expand the post for more details, but don’t forget to vote! ---- As you may have heard, we have a bigger initiative slated for next year, which will address additional needs related to this enhancement. For now, we would like to continue introducing smaller, more immediate enhancements that will fit into and reinforce the bigger initiative. Our goal is to empower you with additional formatting and layout capabilities, which is why we are taking this hybrid approach and rolling some of these needs into next year’s bigger initiative. Thus, you get the best of both worlds! Please take this poll and let us know which smaller enhancement to introduce next. Thank you in advance.
16 Replies

Level 4

If I could pick two, it would be Descriptive Text and existing Paragraph Text Fields.

Level 2

Important clarification of my vote: "rich text" means BIU, hyperlinking, color, font size... the full gamut please.

Community Advisor

my order of importance would be

1. Add more formatting to the new Text Field with Formatting field
  2. Have rich text formatting apply to existing Paragraph Text Fields
  3. Add rich text formatting to Descriptive Text Fields

Level 10

While I voted for "Apply to existing paragraph fields" (because as it stands now, I'm not going through the exercise to re-do any fields I might have wanted this functionality on existing forms), what I wonder is if this is in the cards any time soon, which was my original ask:

The ability to apply formatting to non-field items: section headers (bigger, different colors), field labels (like making the field label red), allowing RTF inside descriptive text*, etc.

*I realize there is separate question in the poll for this, but I consider it part of my larger request in italics above.

EDIT: I realized after seeing a post elsewhere by @NRYN R - inactive‚ that I'd caveat the "apply to existing paragraph fields" that I'd want to see this happen one of two ways:

1. If applied to existing field(s), there is still a toggle to use text-only (non-RTF). For reporting and data handling, formatting can be just fluff in many circumstances and not to be encouraged.
  2. Keep the RTF and non-RTF versions separate, as we have them now.

In other words, RTF within fields should be optional per the sysadmin, no matter how it is implemented.

Employee

Thanks for your feedback, Kevin. Yes, we plan to provide greater formatting and layout options as part of a larger initiative we have slated for next year.

Level 1

Selected Descriptive Text but Paragraph Text is right up there in importance. Where was the "all of the above" answer?

Community Advisor

Same as Kevin,

I would rather not create all new fields for my existing paragraph fields because that means I also have to find and edit the reports as well, not sure if it's worth the backend time.

Level 2

Same as Kevin and Monique

I would rather not create all new fields for my existing paragraph fields because that means I also have to find and edit the reports as well, not sure if it's worth the backend time.

Employee

Thanks everyone for your feedback and participation! Stay tuned for more updates.

Level 4

The ability to add bold, underline, color, etc to Field Labels/Names, Section Breaks, Descriptive Text and Forms would be a game changer. Our business relies heavily on a ton of regulated content and without the ability to customize these sections it makes it difficult to understand the content as well as increases the likelihood key information is missed. @Amy Straight‚ @Robyn Lintner‚ @Andrew Beard‚

Level 5

I have a large dynamic custom form that includes several paragraph text fields and it's impossible to change these to the new rich text field due to having to create a new name for all those fields in order to maintain the history of the original fields. The names of the fields we have now are what they should be so I shouldn't have to change them. You should be able to change between any open text type for any open text field and keep the history. Really hope this change happens this year.

Level 2

I completely agree with this. I was just looking to do this yesterday and quickly realized that you cannot change the existing text fields that were created before the new text field with formatting option was available. This used to be the case for the checkboxes and radio buttons, but now you can switch those without have to recreate. I hope Workfront considers doing the same thing for the text fields so we can maintain the integrity of data and offer users the formatting options to the existing text fields.

Employee

As always, this is great feedback. Thank you for sharing it.

cc. @Gevorg Kazaryan‚

Level 1
  • Add rich text formatting to Descriptive Text Fields
  • Add more formatting to the new Text Field with Formatting field (bullets, numbered items, link)

Level 3

Would really like to add this to all of the items called out on the Poll. I know it would be some backend work to update, but the current state with various spacing and font sizes on our request intakes are hard to follow and visually strange. I'm after a clean look and interface so Rich Text for all options please!