Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Website Creative Review

Level 10
Hi We are about to start the final leg of our new website when all the creative teams have to kick in with writing and supplying photos, videos and other graphic elements. I think we can come up with a decent project plan to track milestones and deadlines, but the part that is feeling overhwhelming is to keep track of the individual pages that have to be created -- around 200 pages to be written, designed, reviewed, approved. Has anybody done this in Workfront and how did you manage the large number of proofs that each have their own mini project plan. Should that be done in a spreadsheet? Proofs -- did you share the links for each new page one at a time as a Proof, and how did you keep track of all those Proofs attached to a single project? I'm thinking each proof should link to its own Task to keep them separated somewhat. I'm using a Documents report but I'm not able to anticipate fully which fields are most helpful. I know I want to see who has reviewed and approved but I don't see which fields can list those out. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Jill Ackerman
3 Replies

Community Advisor
We create new or update existing web pages all the time. As a rule for us each page is a separate project. If we have sort of a 'hub' page that links out to other pages that are sub-topics of the main page, we might do those in 1 project so the reviewer can link to those sub-pages from the same proof. That's how most of our work works :) Something more along the lines of what it sounds like you're doing is a magazine that we do that has ads from other companies so we need to send out proofs individually to those various reviewers. We have a project that keeps the whole thing running, but each ad is a separate issue under that project and the proof is uploaded to that issue. We've also created custom issue statuses and trained the small team that works on these magazines to update the issue status for the various stages of designing an ad, getting it approved, etc. We then rely on those statuses to indicate when an ad is in progress, design complete, out for review, proof approved, or in revisions. Your thought of tasks to keep them separate would work the same. We went with issues because the various sponsors submitting the ads enter their ad specs into Workfront directly, so we're able keep everything in that same issue.

Level 10
Thanks Heather. That is interesting to use Issues instead of tasks. We are all internal so I don't have that same problem of external people popping in on my project and I did attach a custom form to each task to give it a definition. I wonder if I can have custom Task Statuses .. I'm going to look into that.

Community Advisor
Yep, you can do custom statuses for projects, tasks, and issues. We custom statuses for all 3 for various things.