Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Home Experience To-Dos in the Future

Level 1

In my Workfront New Home Experience I have the To-dos widget set up. How do I find to-dos that I entered that are beyond the time frame I set up at the top?

Currently I have it set up to show me "My month". But I have a to-do set up for September. Where do I go to find that if I want to make a change to the date because let's say I want to get it done sooner?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

WibkeKu, this is a good question and one worth reporting feedback on with the New Home.  How to find your task, not straight-forward but here goes:

1. Click the button at bottom to switch out of New Home and back to Old Home
  2. Find the task on you Task List, they are put into a personal project with your name (however, those don't show in your Projects page or show up if you try to search...which is frustrating)
  3. Make any updates needed; click button to go back to New Home

Not a great experience, I know, which is good to provide feedback to assure Personal projects are findable and easy to update if the tasks are going to live there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

WibkeKu, this is a good question and one worth reporting feedback on with the New Home.  How to find your task, not straight-forward but here goes:

1. Click the button at bottom to switch out of New Home and back to Old Home
  2. Find the task on you Task List, they are put into a personal project with your name (however, those don't show in your Projects page or show up if you try to search...which is frustrating)
  3. Make any updates needed; click button to go back to New Home

Not a great experience, I know, which is good to provide feedback to assure Personal projects are findable and easy to update if the tasks are going to live there.

Level 2

If you know the task name, you can search for it using the magnifying glass at the top right of the interface. It'll show up under "Personal projects" like Kurt said, but it doesn't require you to switch back to the old interface.

I agree this widget still needs a lot of work. I liked having the personal task have all the features of a project task so I could add them to my priority, add notes and tag people for feedback. I used personal tasks for admin related task that were attached to a project or need hours logged.