Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Functionality Causing Reporting Issues For Users

Level 5

The new feature that more overtly shows "No Access" has had an interesting result: For reporting, several users have a column that shows them the template name of the project in question. However, for Workers, who inherently have no template access, this means this column is always now saying "No Access".

Has anyone else seen this and/or developed a workaround?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

That would read as valueexpression={project}.{template}.{name} 

For valueexpression formulas, you need a period between the fields rather than a semi-colon. That's usually what trips people up when they're learning. 

Here's a good overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/text-mode-syn...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

I also have Reports and Project Views where there is a column to show Template Name, but now, those individuals are now seeing "No Access" in that column. So, I am having the issue as well. Not sure what the fix/workaround may be at this point. 

Level 8

In my instance, I replace the valuefield=<field> portion of the field defintion with valueexpression={field} instead. By making the field display as a calculated field instead, the text is visible to all users and not just those with access to the underlying object.

It does have the side effect of making that field no longer clickable for navigation, but at least for Portfolios/Templates, that was a reasonable trade-off in my instance for most scenarios. The report typically needed to display what Template was used, but there wasn't an expectation that the user would routinely be using that link to navigate TO the templates.

Level 5

Hi Katherine: Thanks for the reply. Sadly I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to implement in the textmode I have, which I have shared below. Any help would be appreciated! I'll keep hacking away on my side as well.

displayname=Template Name
linkedname=project
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=template:name
querysort=project:template:name
textmode=true
valuefield=project:template:name
valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Level 8

That would read as valueexpression={project}.{template}.{name} 

For valueexpression formulas, you need a period between the fields rather than a semi-colon. That's usually what trips people up when they're learning. 

Here's a good overview: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/text-mode-syn...