Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help with this invalid custom expression error

Level 1

What is wrong with this custom expression? IF({portfolio}.{name}="CNS CE - Customer Engagement", "CE"),

6 Replies

Level 9

Hello RPGMF,

this expression is correct, if you try it in a calculated field in a custom form.

In textmode it also works as

valueexpression=IF({portfolio}.{name}="CNS CE - Customer Engagement", "CE")

Where did you try to use it and do you get any error message / response?

Regards

Lars

Level 1

It's being used in a calculation field. I am unable to save and close the custom form and keep getting the error message - This is an invalid custom expression, please try again.

Level 9

I would cut and paste it into a text editor, copy from there and paste it back into the calculation expression to eliminate any hidden characters.

Level 1

Ok, thanks for the reply, still not working. And, we are using this custom expression on another form without issue. Not sure why I can copy and paste the same info into the new form.

Level 9

Ok, if it is working on another form I am quite sure, that this new form does not have access to the required "field path". 

Could you please double check, which object types are associated to the form?

In this case I would suggest, that it needs the object type portfolio to get this field value.

Regards

Lars

Community Advisor

@RPGMF - What kind of custom form (project, task, issue, etc.) is it that you are trying to use the calculate field?