Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need help with Text Mode with adding colour coding and custom grouping name in workfront reporting

Level 2

Can you please help with sharing text mode code format for the below 2 requirements we have in reporting. Don't think this can be configured in standard reporting mode hence wanted to ask for help to configure this via Workfront reporting text mode.

1) Is there a way to change the name of a grouping field (to a custom name) if we pull in a custom field to show the grouping? We are noticing that since we have used custom field, it displays the backend name of the field which is not good to display on the report view and it's too long as well. 

2) Is there a way to colour code a column value based on other column value. Eg: We want to put a color code to Column A if value in Column A is more than Column B. Note both the fields pulled in as Column A and Column B are custom calculated fields and the values in it will be derived from formulas mentioned in these calculated field based on user input.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey,

Yes, both of these things should be possible.

For the custom grouping name, you would use the following text mode:

group.1.displayname=INSERT CUSTOM NAME HERE
group.1.valuefield=CUSTOM FIELD NAME AS IT APPEARS IN YOUR CUSTOM FORM
group.1.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString
textmode=true

On your second question about building conditional formatting based on two different field values, there's a fantastic article on how to do this here. Please note that the calculated fields will need to be set to number or date data types for greater than/less than conditional formatting.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey,

Yes, both of these things should be possible.

For the custom grouping name, you would use the following text mode:

group.1.displayname=INSERT CUSTOM NAME HERE
group.1.valuefield=CUSTOM FIELD NAME AS IT APPEARS IN YOUR CUSTOM FORM
group.1.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString
textmode=true

On your second question about building conditional formatting based on two different field values, there's a fantastic article on how to do this here. Please note that the calculated fields will need to be set to number or date data types for greater than/less than conditional formatting.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Thank you so much for your help @Richard_Le_ . I have implemented the suggestion for the 1st point and it has worked well. I also realised what syntax I shouldn't be using. Thanks for sharing this. In regards to the 2nd Point, I will go through the documentation you have shared. Just wanted to ask as you mentioned that the calculated fields should be number or date data type.. So will the attached work? Just sharing screenshot of one of the calculated field configuration. 

Community Advisor

You're very welcome, glad I could help. 

And yes, that calculated field config should work

Level 2

thanks @Richard_Le_  for sharing this solution for my point 2. I have checked the documentation on conditional formatting and have tried it. It's partly working as I got to colour code the field column however not sure why it is not taking in the greater than sign rule. Basically all the entries in the 'Maximum Daily Send Volume field' is getting colour coded irrespective of whether its less than or greater than the 'total sms volume field'. It should just color code when Maximum Daily Send Volume > Total SMS Volume 

I am sharing the text mode syntax below and screenshot of the report rule configured. Please can you guide?

linkedname=direct
namekey=ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
querysort=DE:ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false
styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=DE:ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=DE:ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gt
styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=double
styledef.case.0.comparison.rightmethod=ccoTotalSmsVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=FIELD:ccoTotalSmsVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.rightmethod=ccoTotalSmsVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=fontstyle
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=bold
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.name=bgcolor
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.value=eac6c9
styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=
textmode=true
valuefield=ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
valueformat=customNumberAsString

Community Advisor

Hey,

So i've just had a play in my instance and ran into the same problem. However, I got it to work by removing  "FIELD" from the text mode. So your code would look like this instead:

linkedname=direct
namekey=ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
querysort=DE:ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false
styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=DE:ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=DE:ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gt
styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=double
styledef.case.0.comparison.rightmethod=DE:ccoTotalSmsVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=DE:ccoTotalSmsVolumes
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=fontstyle
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=bold
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.name=bgcolor
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.value=eac6c9
styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=
textmode=true
valuefield=ccoMaximumDailySendVolumes
valueformat=customNumberAsString

So when comparing two native Workfront fields, you need to preceed the field name with "FIELD:". However when comparing custom fields, you need to preceed the field name with "DE:" instead.

Have a go with that and let me know how you get on.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 2

This is brilliant. Thank you so much @Richard_Le_ . Yes it has worked now.