Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Need help grouping calculated field

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a custom field to show "Total Assets / Quantity Deliverable" in a request report (see attached). I would also like to group by this calculated field and see this in a chart

Can this be accomplished?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The calculated field should be able to be grouped natively in your report and then referenced in your chart. 

However, It appears these fields don't live on the "request" and actually live on the resolve project custom form, so you you'll have to do text mode for your grouping. 

This is what it would like (not sure on the exact name of your fields)

group.0.displayname=TOTAL ASSETS / QUANTITY DELIVERABLES
group.0.valueexpression={resolveProject}.{DE:Estimated number of deliverables}
group.0.valueformat=doubleAsString
textmode=true

Once you apply the grouping it should show up in a report...

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Is this a calculated Column or a calculated field that lives on your custom form? 

You can not group by text mode columns or use them in charts. If it's not already, I would suggest making this a calculated field you can capture on a custom form, then it can be used in reporting. 

Level 2

Hi Kellie, 

It's a Calculated field.  I also created a calculated column, but I it's not working.

displayname=TOTAL ASSETS / QUANTITY DELIVERABLES
textmode=true
valueexpression=SUM({DE:resolveProject:Estimated number of deliverables},{DE:resolveProject:Estimated number of structure deliverables})
valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The calculated field should be able to be grouped natively in your report and then referenced in your chart. 

However, It appears these fields don't live on the "request" and actually live on the resolve project custom form, so you you'll have to do text mode for your grouping. 

This is what it would like (not sure on the exact name of your fields)

group.0.displayname=TOTAL ASSETS / QUANTITY DELIVERABLES
group.0.valueexpression={resolveProject}.{DE:Estimated number of deliverables}
group.0.valueformat=doubleAsString
textmode=true

Once you apply the grouping it should show up in a report...

Community Advisor

No problem. Hopefully it worked as expected. 

Like the user below noted, if you want the field to calculate a sum or aggregate as a number in anyway, you would need to change the calculated field to be a number format vs a text format. Unfortunately, you can't do that after the field has been created and you'd have to recreate the field. 

Level 3

If you create a calculated field on a custom form, rather than creating the custom field in the report, you will be able to group by it in a chart.

Level 2

Attached is the calculated field.  I've not been able to group by this field in a chart.

Level 3

I believe the Format of the calculated field needs to be Number instead of Text.