Expand my Community achievements bar.

Navigating back to project when on an Agile Iteration Issue or Task

Level 3
When a Task or an issue is added to an iteration, the breadcrumbs for the Issue or Task are changed so that the parent item is the link to the Iteration and no longer the parent Task or parent Project. This is super frustrating as there is absolutely no way to get back to the project that I can see. Am I missing something? Is there a link hidden somewhere that I'm overlooking? Anyone else have this same dilemma? (Note: I know if there are predecessors you can use those links, but most times we don't have those for individual tasks/issues.) Thanks in advance for any input! Stephanie Smith Precision
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2
I'm having this same issue and wanted to hopefully bump this up for other responses. I'm moving some of our marketing work to Agile, and the change at the top from the Project name that the task/issue is in to an iteration name is annoying. We usually put project-wide details in a project-level custom form, and now in order for a worker to get to that form they have to click back to the iteration and then click into the project from there. Is there a way to not use the iteration name in the breadcrumb at the top and instead use the work hierarchy that we're used to? David Fallon Cartera Commerce, Inc.

Level 2
Another user just pointed out another problem with this. Apparently, if a task has an approval process on it and the approver looks at a list of approval tasks in their My Work section, instead of a Project name they just see the Iteration name. Here's a picture of what this looks like and you can see the problem. For most tasks, she can easily see what she's being asked to approve, but for that one task she sees she's supposed to approve the task Sales & Merchant Services Reviews Draft, but has no idea what project it's in. There's no way in the Layout Templates to change this, and so we need to edit the task name each time we add it to an iteration so that information stays with it. David Fallon Cartera Commerce, Inc.

Level 1
Did anyone ever find a solution for this? We are having the same problem and really need a resolution as it's causing alot of confusion and making it more time consuming because of the searching involved to figure out what the issue is related to. Connie Millhollon Trend Micro Inc

Level 2
Hello! Thank you for the feedback. Based on this feedback, we have made the necessary changes to the task and issue details pages to show the parent project and/or parent task for tasks and issues that are on an iteration. This change rolled out in this week's patch release and should now be available on production. Jacob Turpin Senior Software Engineer - Workfront