Expand my Community achievements bar.

My Work Tasks

Level 2
I am wondering if tasks I add for me in "My Work" are visible to others. I am in a situation in which I do not wish my employees to see tasks that I am creating (as they are for me only and will not be assigned to anyone else). Randall Drum, PMP, PSM Manager, IT Project Management Office The Supreme Court of Ohio Columbus, Ohio
2 Replies

Level 10
I know there was a path for these types of tasks (called Personal Tasks). And you create them via My Work and just don't assign them to a Project. Thus, they fall under personal tasks (no project). See attached. Though I thought my boss mentioned these tasks can still appear in reports (not sure how accurate that is). I wasn't able to duplicate that behavior. So this should be pretty safe. The other way (if you're not confident in that) is to create a Project that's just for you (and ensure no one else can see them via the Sharing). Then move or create those tasks there. NOTE: Sys Admins will be able to see these regardless of what you do.

Level 7
Hi @Randall Drum -- I don't think it was always like this, however I've found that now when I create personal tasks, the default sharing setting is to share the task with all of the teams I belong to, so no it's not private by default. Once you create the task, you can navigate to it and change the sharing options by ex-ing out the teams/people you don't want to see it. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group