Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Multiple Stage Request Queue

Level 2
Hi - i'm trying to figure out the best way to create a request queue that needs to flow through 4 different people at different steps. Approvals won't work because these people may need to edit the custom form. Also we are trying to keep these people at a Review or Worker level license... This is what we are trying to accomplish but I can't seem to figure out if the change of the request status for steps 3-5 will notify those people when it is there turn to review the request. Or is there a better way to do this?? For example - Client submits a request Person A reviews/makes edits, changes status to Framework Complete Person B is notified, reviews/makes edits, changes status to Marketing Strategy complete Person C is notified, reviews/makes edits, changes status to Channel Strategy complete Resource Manager is notified and opens into project Thanks Rebecca Johnson LT Creative Life Time
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor
Hi Rebecca, We do use approvals and custom statuses for this type of thing. We chose to use multiple approval paths on the approval rather than multiple stages within the same path. With multiple stages, if someone approves the approval moves on to the next approver. But with multiple paths, when someone approves, the approval does not automatically move on to the next person. Our example: 1. Requests are submitted and have an approval on them. 2. Person A reviews and makes their edits, then changes the status to a status that aligns with the next path on the approval 3. Person B reviews and makes their edits and changes the status to a status that aligns with the next path on the approval 4. Project Manager reviews all the previous inputs and opens the project. it took some training to get everyone to switch the statuses after making their edits. but now that they've got it, things flow pretty smoothly

Level 3
Hi Rebecca, This is something that we would also like to be able to do. If you put this on the Idea Exchange I'll be sure to vote on it. Sandi Hancocks St Joseph Communications