Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple route rules in forms?

Level 1
Can you have multiple routing rules in a form?
-- Deanna Brandon Manager of Copy Center Brown University Office of University Communications Copy Center 164 Angell Street - Box 1851 Providence, RI 02912 O: 401-863-1568 "mailto:deanna_brandon@brown.edu" deanna_brandon@brown.edu Confidentiality Agreement: The information contained in this email transmission from Brown University Graphic Services contains information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents on this e-mail violates the Graphic Services policy.
6 Replies

Level 8
Are you wanting to route something for approval to multiple people? If so, yes you can do that by creating new approval processes in setup if the approver(s) stay consistent. You can also add on approvals to objects with multiple users/teams to approve. Feel free to reach out if you need help walking through that! As far as multiple routing rules, you can create those as well. Hope this helps! Brooke Vaughan Rockfish Interactive Corporation

Level 7
Hi Deanna, You can set up routing rules for different queue topics so that issues/requests get routed to the right people. Here's a video on creating routing rules, queue topics, and topic groups that should help out: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/235019408-Routing-Rules-Queue-Topics-and-Topic-Group... You can also take a peek at our help article here: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216655338-Creating-Routing-Rules I hope this info helps out! You're also welcome to call into our Customer Care team and they'll get you over to a support engineer that can walk you through the process. Thanks! Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 1
Hi Brooke, No, I'm not talking about an approval process. I'm talking about routing a form that comes from a request queue to different people depending on what part of the form is filled out. Is this possible? Deanna
-- Deanna Brandon Manager of Copy Center Please note as of 11/13/17 the Copy Center mailbox number will change to Box 2007. Brown University Office of University Communications Copy Center 164 Angell Street - Box 1851 Providence, RI 02912 O: 401-863-1568 "mailto:deanna_brandon@brown.edu" deanna_brandon@brown.edu Confidentiality Agreement: The information contained in this email transmission from Brown University Graphic Services contains information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents on this e-mail violates the Graphic Services policy.

Level 8
Yes! It is possible! There's a lot of information to type but I found these two articles that will help you.

Level 4
So your users need to select the right queue topics and that selects the routing rule. You can't fill in the form and have it select the routing rule. That would require some automation or setting up an external page such as a survey monkey that sends them to the right queue topic link. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 2
Not on the form itself, but you can ask multiple "questions" as part of the intake to get them to the right place. We are in the process of doing that very thing to clean up our Request Queue drop-down. I have attached what we are "asking" (non-proprietary, so no worries). First, what kind of problem are they having (System Outage/Update). Then System the outage/update is happening on (allows assignment of proper groups). Type of Outage (Current/Past, Future). Then current or past (determines priority/timing - current is high/critical where past is more of a tracking only). I included it all in the attached notes. To do it, map out the different levels of questions you would ask to determine who needs to work on it as well as the expected priority. Then start with your highest level and work your way down. The Queue Topic is a one and done, but the Topic Groups allow Parent Topic Groups, so you can ask more questions. Heather Theriault MetLife