Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing line breaks in noteText report

Level 3

Dear All,

We have a Note report that collates user updates from a single project for a set period of time. The report is than automaticaly distributed in PDF format among a specific global team twice a day.

Since the latest product release and introduction of "new commenting" experience we have an issue with formatting of the report results. Our users enter updates with line breaks (seem a natural behaviour in posting notes etc) but the report arrives with text formatted as a single line. I have raised a case with Workfront but they do not seem to be able to resolve it and they cite the standard behaviour.

Excample:

User enters an update:

A - placeholder text

B - placeholder text

C - placeholder text

The reult is:

A - placeholder text B - placeholder text C - placeholder text

Few more excamples are attached, one copied from the production enviroment.

I wonder if anyone came accross this probmen and know how this can be resolved? I thought maybe the below Note text mode can be enhanced to ensure correct formatting orf the results. I apreciate any help on this

displayname=
linkedname=direct
namekey=noteText
querysort=noteText
textmode=true
valuefield=noteText
valueformat=HTML

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Łukasz,

I don't think this can be resolved on a report level.
if you compare note text with html difference between new and old commenting is apparent:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1700650047332.png

this is likely impacting how text is rendered in the report. But you won't be able to overcome this with report text mode... that's my guess at least

Cheers!

Level 3

Thanks for your input Rafal,

It is frustrating for our usres! That specific report has been issued daily for over 5y now and it was warking as preffered priod the latest release. Hopefully there is another way to resolve this.