Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Milestone View for Work Access Level

Level 1
We have milestone paths setup for several projects. When viewing a project list by Program, there is a Milestone tab that allows us to view the milestones for each project (based on the Milestone path). However, when I switch over to a user with a "Work" License access level, the Milestone tab is not visible when viewing the project list for a Program. I checked the access settings for the Work access level I assigned and I don't see any setting that may control that. How do I enable the Milestone tab on a project list view? Just to see if Work users can access Milestones, I created a report that has a Milestone detail. The Work user can run the report and view the milestones. The problem is we want to sue the Portfolio/Program navigation instead of using a report with a Prompt. Any help will be appreciated. Jess Jose IMS
8 Replies

Level 10
Hmmm.... that is so weird! I just logged in as someone and noticed that too. I would think that if they could see the program, they could see the milestone path. Did you put in a support ticket? I'm curious what Product says about this. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
I didn't think Work licenses can see Programs or Portfolios

Level 10
Hi there, Just to make sure - I just logged as Worker licence within our instance and i was able to see Programmes/Portfolio. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 1
Jess, It is possible to create a Project Report and select the Milestone View (Under Report Settings, Show Special View on Details Tab), then add to a Dashboard. Once you have the Dashboard, it can be added to a Layout Template that can be shared with Work License Users. If you need the Work License Users to see more than just their own Projects, consider modifying the "Run this report with the Access Rights of:" to a User with the appropriate access for ALL users. NOTE: When a Report is designated to "Run As" a User, then every Project that User has access too will be available to view, however the Work User running the report will only be able to click into Projects that where they have Sharing Permissions. Regards, Dave Jones Hazcode Consulting e | dave@hazcode.com c | 336.543.7549 PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addresses and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Level 7
Hi everyone, Work license users cannot view the Milestone tab in the Portfolio/program level, as that's a feature that we would expect Plan license users to utilize for managing their work. A project or task report can be configured to show the milestone view if you do need to provide users with that option though. If you'd like to see Work license users gain the ability to view the milestone tab on Programs/Portfolios, I'd recommend throwing an idea into the Idea Exchange and promote it in the promotion thread. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Hi Vic - The default Worker does not allow view access for Workers, but if you have a custom access level, you can set it so that they have view access on the portfolio. Same thing for Reviewers. It has been great that we can keep the free licenses for our Account people and they can still go into a portfolio and see everything for their client. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 1
Thanks so much for everyone's responses. As someone suggested, I was able to create a project report with a milestone view, add it to a dashboard, and link the dashboard to a tab on the Project view. That worked perfectly and the Work license user can view the milestones for the program as I was expecting. Appreciate everyone's input! Jess Jess Jose IMS

Level 10
Ohh I like that! Thanks Anthony!