Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Merging one column across many rows - how is this possible in Workfront?

Level 5

I have a report where I am pulling in several tasks from a project, and want to show a custom field at the project level with scope detail for those tasks. However, that custom field at the project level shows up repeatedly with each task I am pulling in. Is there a way to merge that column into one, so I have multipe task rows but the custom field only shows up once? This is possible in Excel, so hoping it is possible in a report in WF.

Thank you,

Olivia

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

sounds like you are in a task report? If so, my advice would be to leave the column out completely and just group it by that custom field.

Level 5

I have it grouped by project, and this field is a data field that is applicable to each task I want shown as a column... so that it looks like the screenshot with this comment. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for the assistance!

Community Advisor

the closest way to do that is to group it first by Project and then by the FG Numbers field and just remove the column completely.

Level 5

Thanks for your help, Skye. Darn, I wish there was a way to do that.