Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Make Standard Project Field Mandatory for New Projects

Level 10
Hi WF Community, Is it possible to make the Company field (standard field) mandatory when new projects are created? Thanks. Nick Nick Valeriote
8 Replies

Level 10
Hi Nick, No, not directly; but as I typed that, I had an idea you could try: Create a calculated parameter called "Company (Required)" on your default Project Custom Form(s) Set its formula to "Company Name" (e.g. "pulling" from the Company) Set THAT parameter to be required...hmm...if that's allowed on a calculated parameter (untested) Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Hi Doug... while trying to find a soultion to this issue, I bumped into this post.

I tried what you suggested.... problem is I think we can't make Calculated fields mandatory. However, we can make non-calculated Custom fields mandatory.

And this is so strange that this tool does not give an option to set values of Standard fields based on Custom fields.

Level 10
Thanks for the alternative, Doug. I'll review with team and potentially try this. Nick Valeriote

Level 9
Is there a way to set a default custom form on a project? Without using a template I mean? We have this same issue, and my problem is people don't use templates to create their projects. If they used the template, the company field would already be populated (along with a bunch of other settings we want). Alison Wells, MBA Senior Business Analyst Corporate Information Systems Business Systems Group Community Administrative Support Building (CASB) 2530 Divisadero St, Fresno, CA 93721 Office: (559) 459-7008, Internal: x57008 Cell/Pager: (559) 287-6800 - WARNING/CONFIDENTIAL: - This email, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law (including, but not limited to, protected health information). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, do not read it. Reply to the sender informing them of the error and then destroy all copies and attachments of the message from your system. Thank you.

Level 9
Per project, you can set default custom forms for the tasks, but there doesn't seem to be a system-wide solution for including forms on each project by default. Anthony Pernice

Level 10
Hi Nick, Whether it be the company field or ensuring a custom form exists, both are good cases for exception reports for periodic review. You could put these on a dashboard that you look at daily, weekly, hourly, etc. to identify and fix non-compliant projects. Thanks, Narayan

Level 9
To Narayan's point, I auto-send those reports to myself and other key team members for review, but I *also* created a "QA" tab for each project owner so they can easily see where their projects may be out of compliance. In most cases, they can fill in the blanks in-line so its SUPER easy for them to fix. Anthony Pernice