Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Major Group Management enhancements delivered with 20.3 release

Employee

Hello, Workfront Community,

I hope you’ve been enjoying all the amazing capabilities delivered with 20.3 release this past week.

You might’ve noticed that the release also included several major enhancements related to Group Administration, with a goal of allowing you to efficiently and independently manage several departments within the same Workfront account. Those enhancements include:

1. Expanded hierarchy for groups - now you can accurately reflect your real departmental structure within Workfront with up to 15 levels of groups, as opposed to previous 3 levels.
  2. Group-specific project preferences - As a system administrator, you can now unlock any of the system project preferences, which means that the Group Administrators will be able to adjust those on group level. Thus each group can configure their project preferences based on their own needs and processes.
  3. Brand-new page for Group Details - With all the enhancements around Group Administration, we felt it’s time to create a separate page for a group, where you can find all the relevant information and make all your group configurations from one centralized area. In 20.3 release the Group page consists of Group Members, Group Details, Project Preferences, Subgroups and Statuses areas, but expect to see more group-related information added here with upcoming releasees.
  4. Group Administrator's access to manage Group’s approval processes - As you might remember, we released group-specific approval processes with 20.2 release, allowing you to create approval processes for specific groups using any custom statuses. The functionality was initially available only to System Administrators, so with 20.3 release we’ve added support for Group Administrators to access and manage their groups’ approval processes.

We’re going to continue investing in Group Administration capabilities, so you can expect to see more exciting stuff soon. Please find some time to check out the mentioned enhancements and let us know what you think. We'll also be happy to learn about any other challenges you face with group administration to consider those in our roadmap.

Have a wonderful day!

Lilit

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

We're looking at re-configuring some of our groups with the expanded hierarchy. And this list gives us so many other things to consider at the same time. Thanks for pulling it all together!

Employee

Heather, I'm so glad to hear you're planning to use the new enhancements! Please let me know how it goes and whether there is anything we can do to help you manage your groups more successfully.