Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Looking on how to default the value of Effort Type (Custom Field in a Custom Form) from Project version to the Task Version

Level 3

I have created a Custom Form which has a field called KTLO Effort Type.  It can have a selection of one of 6 values which are dropdowns in the field.  When I create a project and add the Custom Form, I require that this field be completed.  This works fine.  So this form is added to the project and has the value that was selected from the dropdown since it was required.  I have also 6 other custom fields which have their own dropdowns for values for each of the possible values that KTLO effort type has.  These dropdowns have the value for TKLO Task types.  When I attach the Custom Form to tasks, the value for KTLO effort type is blank and must be selected from the dropdown again.  I would like to have this value be the same as the value selected in the Custom Form attached to the project.  Is there a way to make the Task: KTLO Effort Type value be equal to that of the Project: KTLO Effort Type?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There's not way to have a selection field default to the value chosen on a parent object (project).

To tackle this you will need to create a calculated field that is attached to your task form, that references the KTLO field on the project level. Using the calculation {project}.{DE:KTLO Effort Type}, or whatever you have named the field, will automatically pull in the value selected at the project level.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There's not way to have a selection field default to the value chosen on a parent object (project).

To tackle this you will need to create a calculated field that is attached to your task form, that references the KTLO field on the project level. Using the calculation {project}.{DE:KTLO Effort Type}, or whatever you have named the field, will automatically pull in the value selected at the project level.

Best Regards,

Rich.