Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Login Dashboard in New Experience

Level 5

The answer is probably under my nose but I can't find it. :(

A user has a series of dashboards in tabs appear as her home/login page. I don't see how to create that same view in the New Experience. Anybody know how?

@Jonathan Yu‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

On the user's layout template, you can edit what they land on when they log in or go to Home - you could change that so it goes to one of the dashboards instead of "Home" or if there are multiple dashboards your user needs, it may be better lo set those dashboards as Pins on their layout template.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 4

If they were created in "Classic", you will need to re-create the layout template (Setup --> Interface --> Layout Templates) in the New Workfront Experience and assign it to the user. You might need to re-create dashboards and reports too, not sure. I had to recreate all the layout templates when we began using the New Experience.

Level 3

Just to set your minds at ease: you do not have to re-create dashboards or reports to use them in Layout Templates (or anywhere else) in the New Workfront Experience.

Level 4

Interesting... I had to recreate layout templates because they "disappeared" or stopped functioning as we migrated to NWE. Maybe there was a cut-off period from when WF stopped supporting the layout template transition and ours were created in classic after that transitionary period?

Level 3

Naushin, you're right about needing to recreate layout templates in some cases. But you can just re-attach the same dashboards as before. No dashboards or reports are lost or altered when you move to NWE.

Level 4

I had to re-create some of the dashboards as w ell because the dashboards created in classic were not found in the list so those must have been created after that sync period ended. Our integrations partner advised we'll need to re-create them

Level 3

There could have been a glitch involved here, but it sounds like you got past it. Both Classic and NWE access the same database, there is no syncing or migration involved. So if someone creates a dashboard in Classic and shares it with you, you will instantly see it in NWE. If you create a dashboard in NWE and share it with a Classic user they will instantly see it in Classic. In both cases there is only one dashboard and it's showing up in both environments because each environment is accessing the same database as the other.

Layout templates are different since they are environment specific.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

On the user's layout template, you can edit what they land on when they log in or go to Home - you could change that so it goes to one of the dashboards instead of "Home" or if there are multiple dashboards your user needs, it may be better lo set those dashboards as Pins on their layout template.

Level 5

@Heather Kulbacki‚ That's what I wound up doing. It turns out the user was looking at the native "Issues" UI which had some custom tabs added, to different dashboards. They thought it was one "tabbed" dashboard but it wasn't. They'll get used to the pins or they can go back to the old UI.

@Chuck Middleton‚ I still don't see where Issues live in the new UI. There's no Issues option in the tool to customize a user layout ...

0690z000008a6zDAAQ.png

On the other hand, you can change the terminology, our team calls them Assets ...

0690z000008a6z3AAA.png

I switched back to the old UI to see if I was nuts, which is always debatable, but Issues definitely has its own UI there. (Unless @Brian Haight‚ created it for us during implementation and I didn't realize that, hi Brian.)

One strange thing I saw when I switched back -- Issues reports are a category of reports there ... but in the new UI, no such animal. A report consider an Issues type (or assets) in the old UI is deemed a "Request" report in the new UI. That made me wonder whether I'd find an option for a native issue UI perhaps in the "customize requests" UI, but nothing there either.

0690z000008a6zcAAA.png

I created a report that mimics the layout of the Issues layout in the former UI and added that as a custom left nav menu item. However, the user reported that it wasn't letting her inputt/change some of the information.

So, the issue is, Issues: Unraveling their mysterious disappearance ... where could they be, and the hunt to find them.

Employee

Hey guys! This looks like it needs a support ticket to have somebody help login and see what's going on! @Howard Winer‚ Have you taken this to Workfront support already?

Level 3

Howard, @Brian Haight‚ told me you have some specific reports/dashboards set up for issues, which he's using to track asset production. Those will need to be added to layout templates in the new experience. It's probably best to get on a call, look at the original dashboards for issues on a project, and re-create these with the new experience layout templates. Brian is on PTO right now, but I'll be glad to help you with this.

Level 10

Hi not sure if I"m reading this correctly but it looks to me like in the New Experience that Layout Template you are looking at has changed Issues to be called Requests which is why you aren't seeing Issues in the drop down. This happens in "Set Terminology" in each Layout Template. Look in there and see if it's been changed, and change it back to Issues.