Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Listing Direct Reports on User Reports?

Level 10

Is there any way or workaround to list a user's direct reports in a user report?

I need a way to see what users have direct reports and who those people are for upkeep/audit purposes.

Support says no, at least not using WF as-is.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Kevin,

Try adding this as a column on a user report:

displayname=Direct Reports

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(directReports).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hey Kevin,

I found a text mode a while back that showed this as a calculated field. I found it on this post: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006BWbhCSAT/report-filter-for-multiple-levels-of-organiz...

This is the solution we use - may or may not work for you but it did for us.

Level 10

@Christina Jarosz‚ ,

I am actually using this tip now, but it works UP the heirarchy (lists a given user's managers).

I need the reverse (DOWN): a given user's reports.

If anyone has a sense how to use the manager data this way, that would be great!

Maybe some sort of second calculated field than shows all users with a given user in their Manager field?

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Kevin,

Try adding this as a column on a user report:

displayname=Direct Reports

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(directReports).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps!

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

If you're after a one-shot-wonder, I invite you to consider our Executive Dashboards solution, which is a Package of informative dashboards and reports that present the relative USER, PROJECT, TASK, and ISSUE activity of from a particular Org Chart Level (OCL) as the sum of their subordinates, down the chain of command.

Regards,

Doug