Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Listing Direct Reports on User Reports?

Level 10

Is there any way or workaround to list a user's direct reports in a user report?

I need a way to see what users have direct reports and who those people are for upkeep/audit purposes.

Support says no, at least not using WF as-is.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Kevin,

Try adding this as a column on a user report:

displayname=Direct Reports

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(directReports).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hey Kevin,

I found a text mode a while back that showed this as a calculated field. I found it on this post: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006BWbhCSAT/report-filter-for-multiple-levels-of-organiz...

This is the solution we use - may or may not work for you but it did for us.

Level 10

@Christina Jarosz‚ ,

I am actually using this tip now, but it works UP the heirarchy (lists a given user's managers).

I need the reverse (DOWN): a given user's reports.

If anyone has a sense how to use the manager data this way, that would be great!

Maybe some sort of second calculated field than shows all users with a given user in their Manager field?

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Kevin,

Try adding this as a column on a user report:

displayname=Direct Reports

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(directReports).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps!

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

If you're after a one-shot-wonder, I invite you to consider our Executive Dashboards solution, which is a Package of informative dashboards and reports that present the relative USER, PROJECT, TASK, and ISSUE activity of from a particular Org Chart Level (OCL) as the sum of their subordinates, down the chain of command.

Regards,

Doug