Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Linking custom request forms to projects after project has already been created.

Level 5

Hello! Question on custom forms here - I was testing this all in Sandbox environment, so perhaps this is the issue but here is the scenario:

A team would like to link an existing project through various request queues that succeed it as it goes through the project/product development lifecycle. There are different request custom forms filled out for each phase. I am able to go in to each request and select "Resolved by" and link to that project. But when I go to the Project itself to add that request custom form (in project object format) - the data does not display in the project custom forms section. It all remains blank. Is there a way to fix this or is this a system limitation of Workfront where data can't subsequently flow through if the request isn't "Converted" to a Project directly?

Thank you in advance for any guidance on this.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is a system limitation, if the project and request are connected after the project has been created, any data from the request does not pull over to the project, it needs to be manually copied over

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is a system limitation, if the project and request are connected after the project has been created, any data from the request does not pull over to the project, it needs to be manually copied over

Level 5

Hi Olivia, I'm not sure if this workflow is what you're looking for, but I wanted to share! We recently embedded request queue components into a project template, so that requests can be submitted from within an open project (that uses that project template) rather than through a completely separate request queue. In this way, project managers can submit requests through the project's Issues > New Issue. We set up Queue Topics and Routing Rules that mirror the main request queue.

Level 5

That is a great approach, Elena!!! I will propose that to our team... thanks for chiming in on this - super helpful!