Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Limit Assignee Options By Group

Level 3

Is there a way to limit who a user can assign to a task/request? I have managers that will only ever assign their teammates to work items. When they begin typing in an assignee name, workfront recommends users alphabetically, pulling in names from all over the organization instead of limiting the list to just users within that managers group or team.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Interesting idea. I see where you're going @Kundanism but I'd think even at a Company restriction level likely that's too broad of an umbrella. I don't think WF has a way of doing this, to restrict users from assigning certain users to a task/issue. Do they need an education refresher of who to assign tasks to? Sometimes going back to an education/training perspective can help with these things.

In the interim, I think you should submit this as an Idea. Perhaps it's something that lives in a user's profile, a field that's present only if the user is a Planner or Admin license (bc only those would be assigning tasks anyway) that allows the admin to specify if the user can assign to only their Team, only their Group, etc.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi @kkunze 

We have similar scenario, however it restricts many detail to access. In set up area, under access level;

Kundanism_0-1683791768484.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Interesting idea. I see where you're going @Kundanism but I'd think even at a Company restriction level likely that's too broad of an umbrella. I don't think WF has a way of doing this, to restrict users from assigning certain users to a task/issue. Do they need an education refresher of who to assign tasks to? Sometimes going back to an education/training perspective can help with these things.

In the interim, I think you should submit this as an Idea. Perhaps it's something that lives in a user's profile, a field that's present only if the user is a Planner or Admin license (bc only those would be assigning tasks anyway) that allows the admin to specify if the user can assign to only their Team, only their Group, etc.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

@kkunze Did you end up creating an idea for this? I am experiencing the same thing. If not, I did just submit one here. It seems that the easiest way to do this would be to trickle down project sharing permissions with those assignee suggestions, so that only those who are able to view a project are allowed to be suggested/assigned to it.