Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Legacy filter deprecation

Level 10

Can someone explain what this means? "Note: legacy filters can still be accessed when enabled in the filter panel. They will be deprecated in the future."

I hope it doesn't mean I have re-create all my existing filters. Although with stacking abilities, a lot of the combo filters will no longer be needed.

Legacy Filters.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The Legacy filters experience has not been deprecated and I don't have a date at this time. Users can still revert back to the old experience for the time being. 

However, all filters created by a user/system admin in Legacy experience have been migrated to the new filters experience. If for some reason, a filter is missing that used to appear in Legacy, please raise a ticket with support so we can investigate further. 

@Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore @RandyRoberts 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Good question @RandyRoberts,

Back on July 21, 2022, although (cc @jon_chen) the link is broken, @JessicaShayanPM raised this Public Beta - New filter experience thread came out and stated something similar ("please have your users begin using the new filters experience in Project/Tasks/Issues, Timesheets and Scenario planner immediately because the old filter experience is scheduled for deprecation with the 22.4 release in areas where the new filter experience is in place.")

Jessica, are you still involved, and if so, would it be possible to clarify what the underlined sentence(s) mean?

Regards,

Doug

Correct answer by
Employee

The Legacy filters experience has not been deprecated and I don't have a date at this time. Users can still revert back to the old experience for the time being. 

However, all filters created by a user/system admin in Legacy experience have been migrated to the new filters experience. If for some reason, a filter is missing that used to appear in Legacy, please raise a ticket with support so we can investigate further. 

@Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore @RandyRoberts 

Level 10

Thanks Jessica,

So it's not the filters that are being deprecated, it's the filter "experience" that's being deprecated.

Employee

Yes, you are correct @RandyRoberts. We will not take away the filters you have curated and built through the legacy experience. They are there under the new filters experience. We did migrations to ensure this would be the case. The old experience will be deprecated down the road once we can get new filters experience released to other areas.  

Excellent news,

Thanks for clarifying, @RandyRoberts, and for confirming, @JessicaShayanPM.

Regards,

Doug