Expand my Community achievements bar.

Late task showing on Work List but project in Planning

Level 3
Hi everyone, I have came across where a task is showing as "late" in one of our user's Work List, however the task is currently in the status of "Planning." The project was not put in a "Current" status, but it looks like the task in question shows that the PM may have clicked "Work On It" at some point moving that task to "In Progress" then "Complete", then "Work on it again" then "In Progress." Could that affect it showing on the Work List due to having applied a "Commit Date" to the task even though the project is still in "Planning." Looking for any advise, as we have assumed that when a project is in planning then the tasks will not show on the Work List. I am assuming that since PM put a commit date to the task that this explains it showing on the Work List as "late" since the date the task is in "planning" for is late. Erika Garrett Gulfstream Aerospace
1 Reply

Level 1
Hi Erika, I am also able to replicate and it's an important use case for our business too - thank you for flagging! It looks like if an SME commits to work on a task it will always appear in their My Work list whether the project is in planning or in-flight status. I have tested a few status behaviours and the optimum solution is to use the 'on hold' project status (could rename to re-planning or similar). This appears to remove any assignments from the My Work area. Let me know if you get the same results or whether there may be a better solution! Best regards, Christian Barnes Dentsu Aegis Network Christian Barnes iProspect UK