Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

last update note Text

Level 3

Hi community, I have a requirement to see last updated Note text in a report we have.

I can easily do this in a request/issue report and a project report.

But we have a task report (Used because we have a Go-Live task on our projects and a subsequent 5 day check task prior to the project auto closing on last task completion) I cant seem to find the option for 'Last note text' so in the report i can see the last update on the Project  all the ones available show as blank.

If i switch to a project report to allow me to have i believe i cant filter a project report, based on task containing Go-Live..is not complete/complete

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @IanRe - The text mode below will pull the last note from the project on a task report. Hope this helps!

displayname=Last Note
linkedname=lastNote
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=lastNote
namekeyargkey.1=noteText
querysort=lastNote:noteText
textmode=true
valuefield=project:lastNote:noteText
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @IanRe - The text mode below will pull the last note from the project on a task report. Hope this helps!

displayname=Last Note
linkedname=lastNote
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=lastNote
namekeyargkey.1=noteText
querysort=lastNote:noteText
textmode=true
valuefield=project:lastNote:noteText
valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Thanks @VictoriaLinn , This is a great tip, and the same text code works for Assignment report too.

Mvh

Level 2

would you know how to get the last update from an Issue to display in an Assignment report?

Thanks

Level 2

Hello Victoria,

I am trying to add in a column in a Note report that will include the due date of a Milestone that matches the ID I specify. This textmode works fine in a project report but it will not pull in dates on a Note report. Can you help me with what I am doing wrong?

displayname=x
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({milestoneID}="000"&&{status}!="CPL",CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate}),IF({milestoneID}="000"&&{status}="CPL",CONCAT(" | ",{plannedCompletionDate})))
valueformat=HTML

What I am looking to do is pull projects into a report that have certain Updates (filtered by keywords) posted in them. I would also like a column that contains the due date of a certain Milestones (within that same project). Is this possible in a Note report or do I need to run a Project report? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Hi @Eric_D_Miller,

While it might be possible to create such a Notes report, given the work you’ve already accomplished on the Project report, and assuming that one row per project (vs one row per keyword occurrence across what could be multiple notes) is preferable, I’d suggest you stick with the latter.

To further restrict your Project report to return only those whose Last Note contains one or more of the certain keywords, I’d suggest a filtering in a manner similar to this example;

lastNote:noteText=KEYWORD1

lastNote:noteText_Mod=cicontains

OR:1:lastNote:noteText=KEYWORD2

OR:1:lastNote:noteText_Mod=cicontains

OR:2:lastNote:noteText=KEYWORD3

OR:2:lastNote:noteText_Mod=cicontains

I’ve suggested using the Projects’ lastNote, if that will suffice, since searching every Update might run too slow: although might be possible multiple OR:x:EXISTS clauses…if yee dare.

Regards,

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for the reply!

I am searching for two very specific [keywords] across all the Updates in specific Projects. I would actually prefer a line item for each Update, while also displaying the text of the Update as well as the date/time it was posted. 

How can I search every Update in the Project rather than just the lastNote? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

My pleasure Eric,

A Journal Entry report would return one row per Update (using ORs and cicontains, similar to the above)…but I suspect that pulling in the Project milestone info from there might be too many hops (untested).

If you get stuck, I invite you to consider our Magic Reports solution, which could handle it.

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Amazing thank you VLinn, i had tried editing text mode but it seems i still have lots to learn about text mode structure