Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Language in Calculated Fields

Level 10
Morning All, can anyone tell me what language is used in the Calculation on a calculated field in a custom form? It might help me to get the syntax right. I have the below pseudocode and the more I try to write it in the Workfront code, the more confused I get :) IF(FieldA<0,"Ahead")), IF(FieldA>0 && FieldA<8,"Within 1 Week") IF(FieldA>7,"Over 1 week") Ciaran Campbell
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
WF text mode, calculated fields are it's own thing but the logic should be close with others. However, I've never applied GT, LT in a calculated field and I don't think it's available. I would most likely apply this in a report instead as a rule or as part of a view as gt and lt can be done there. Or if you are adventurous, try the IFIN syntax and layout 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 as your "in progress" status. Just a tip, bracket your variables for use in calculations eg {Field A}. Polly Co

Level 4
Try this nested IF IF((FieldA<0),"Ahead", IF((FieldA<8),"Within 1 Week", "Over 1 week")) The Basic Format of an IF is below, so nesting a second IF in the False Statement creates a more traditional chained IF else: IF(Condition, TRUE Statement, FALSE Statement) You should only need to bracket your Field name if it contains non-alphanumeric characters. Or if you haven't yet saved the new fields used. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -