Expand my Community achievements bar.

Lag in loading custom forms?

Level 10
hi folks, I have a user who is experiencing long lag times when going to the custom form tab of a project. Google Chrome, planner license. This also happened to a different user 2 months ago. We were unable to get traction via helpdesk--Workfront was not experiencing network issues, and deleting cache and rebooting the laptop didn't help. After a while, the first user stopped experiencing the lag, so helpdesk closed the ticket even though we never figured out what was going on. I'm about to try and get the ticket reopened. In the meantime, does this issue resonate with anyone here? thanks! -skye
3 Replies

Level 10
I haven't experienced any lag time or heard of any from my users. I did have one user complain that Workfront was slow and it turned out she was working from home and it was an issue with her network. If it's not all users I would look in the direction of specific users network connections, etc. For example, is it slow if they go to a completely different website? You probably already did all this. But thought I'd mention it. Basically I evaluate it as - If everyone is slow, I call Workfront. If only one person is slow, I investigate their machine and network. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 3
We have also experienced lag opening custom forms. Does not seem to happen for small forms. However at the project level where we have sometimes three forms with over 200 fields it can been seen. Since we have been to moved to a new cluster the performance has improved. Where I really see this in in "set up' when editing a 'big' form. Again new cluster seems better. Jim Brown FujiFilm Medical Systems, USA

Level 3
This is absolutely an issue for us. We have custom forms with multiple calculated fields, and that seems to be what kills our load time the most. I didn't get much support for this outside of "the more fields you have, or the more complex they are, the more it can affect your load time," which was a bit disappointing. The custom form calculated billing fields that did not have to be submitted with the order, so right now we're having users add it manually after the request comes in. Not ideal, but it works. Jennifer Allen Staples, Inc.