Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Kickstart of Projects and their corresponding Requests (issues)

Level 1
Hi Workfront Community! I built a kickstart template for one of our awesome customers and figured I should share this little gem with ALL of our awesome customers! We've been working this week to address 2 very large creative campaigns happening this year. Between the two campaigns it will include about 800 projects for various deliverables. The customer has identified the project names in a spreadsheet but they want to import them into Workfront in bulk plus associate them to a request and include all of the custom data so they can have consistent reporting across all of their requests and projects. They also want to ensure they can reference the queue topic info like any other request in their system. Here is the info I sent out. I have attached the kickstart template to this post so you can download it and use it to make all of your wildest kickstart dreams come true! I have attached a kickstart template for you to look at: Items highlighted in Yellow are required fields Items highlighted in Blue are required fields that reference something from one object to the other (issue to project or vice versa) in Row 1 I have added a description to a few fields to provide clarity. These will need to be deleted before running the kickstart in Workfront. Row 1 needs to be a blank header row. Custom Data fields: On the Projects tab starting at column EV; and on the Issues tab at column CC sample fields. Need to follow this format: DE:{field name}. Case and space sensitive Field responses need to follow the following formats: Text - basic text format as this is an open text field (remember that single line fields have a 200 character max and paragraph fields have a 2000 character max) drop down - Case and space sensitive date - mm/dd/yy (NOTE - this is a different format from the native date fields) IMPORTANT - before you run the kickstart, review your notification settings. You might want to temporarily deactivate notifications that are sent to users or teams when requests are submitted or assignments are made. If you import 650+ requests and projects, someone (or lots of people) might suddenly get bombarded with a crap ton of email notifications. May the Workfront be with you, always. Matthew Broschinsky Manager, Customer Solutions Workfront
0 Replies