Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Kickstart - How do I get custom attributes in and out using a Kickstart?

Level 10
When I want to import a bunch of issues in a kickstart, I first do a kickstart export of issues. 1) I can't find a way to filter the issues that are exported - I assume I get everything all the time; 2) I can't find a way to get the custom attributes associated with Issues in a Kickstart. That means I can't download them and can't upload them. Is there any way to export the custom attribute data and subsequently import it using native WorkFront kickstart technology. I bet the good people at AtApp having something for this. I have to exhaust all native capabilities before looking for help from the boffins at AtApp. Thanks!
4 Replies

Level 10
I first download a blank kickstart spreadsheet of issues and then pick out all the fields that are relevant to my company's workflow. Then I pull up the custom form that would be relevant to the group of issues I'm planning to import (upload) and pull all the fields that are relevant to those future issues and add them to the kickstart spreadsheet. I suppose if you wanted to, you could also go to the fields section (that lists all your custom data) and download them all and then sort by forms and add a DE: in front of each. It's a bit clunky but I'm pretty familiar with excel so I usually don't think twice about doing it.

Level 10
Thanks Skye; to be polite, I thought it would be best to let someone else reply first. That said, Eric...yep, we do have some goodies in www.atappstore.com that would help with this. In particular, our Generate Excel Updater Template solution (which is free, btw) will generate a spreadsheet that is very similar to what Skye is describing. There is a video showing how it works. The resulting Excel file is formatted for use with our Excel Updater solution, but can quickly be edited to work with Workfront's Kickstart mechanism. Also, since the time the video was created -- we've also added a second downloadable with a view (in textmode) that you can paste into column 1 of a new view to quickly add ALL the core and custom fields of interest, which can save a considerable amount of time to build by hand. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks, Doug. What your company has is easy to use and pretty neat, really. I'm in an environment where I have to exhaust native capabilities first. Frustratingly Frugal is a phrase that comes to mind. I'll have a look at the video again. Thanks!

Level 5
When I discovered AtAppStore, I realized Doug's built a good set of power tools to get work done in Workfront :) On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 7:30 AM Lucas Eric, MPM < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Thanks, Doug. What your company has is easy to use and pretty neat, > really. I'm in an environment where I have to exhaust native capabilities > first. Frustratingly Frugal is a phrase that comes to mind. I'll have a > look at the video again. Thanks! > > -----End Original Message----- >