Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Kick Start for Parent Task, missing setParentID name

Level 10

Hi,

I tried to create below scenario with parent task name in excel file. Importing that excel file gives error.

The set name used for parent task name is "#setParentID PARE name". While import shows error. Believe I am

missing some text in the title. Looking for a help in this regard;

Best regards,parent task name.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

2 things.

1. The formatting for the heading would be #setParentID TASK name

2. I'm not sure if this will work or not, because the search could return multiple tasks, if they're all the same name. I am curious though, please let me know if it works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

2 things.

1. The formatting for the heading would be #setParentID TASK name

2. I'm not sure if this will work or not, because the search could return multiple tasks, if they're all the same name. I am curious though, please let me know if it works.

Level 10

Hi @ChrisStephens 

I tried, it works, if I create a task (parent) with same title as mentioned before. Can we create a parent task similar like creating child task by kick start import via excel?

I appreciate yours time to share about above. Thanking you. 

Community Advisor

Hmm that I'm not sure of, it's going to depend on the order that the kickstart is processed. I suppose that if the kickstart processes the row entirely before moving to the next, then I don't see why it wouldn't, as long as you had the parent get created before the child. What I mean by that is, if Workfront searches for the parent task when it's creating each task, then I would think it would. If it instead searches for all of the parents prior to creating anything, then it would fail.

I built my own tool to build out projects, and this was one of the primary use cases for it, as well as not having to provide it a GUID (but Workfront has added that to their kickstart now), as well as a couple of others. Typically I use that, so I'm not 100% on how kickstarting works and the logic behind it, sorry.