Expand my Community achievements bar.

Kanban/scrum

Level 5
Hi All, Anyone using the new agile additions in the 2019.1 release and how are you finding them? We are just about to start using this in earnest now. Thanks! Miranda Rais GVC
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

16 Replies

Level 2
Hi Miranda, We have been trying previous the release and now with the filters and the option to add any task we would like start again with the kanban. How are you progressing? Regards Abelardo Martinez Information Technology

Level 2
Hi Miranda, We haven't noticed too much of an improvement in agile, apart from the ability to add issues to our Kanban board and the backlog on the Kanban board still doesn't allow you to order it from there, but at least the ordering carries through. The UX has actually got worse! As we have to use Kanban now we're collaborating with Waterfall teams, otherwise the iteration will screw up project timings, assigning users faces to stories has got a little more challenging as previously the users will persist at the top of the screen despite how far you scroll down. We are waiting for the ability to bring Waterfall tasks into Iterations without affecting the task timings and as soon as that is available, we will move back to scrum. Regards, Max Nyirenda HomeServe

Level 5
It's all been a bit crazy - as I am sys admin for the waterfall and kanban teams and i must admit i dont have as much time as i would like to spend on kanban - hence asking for updates from the community. Issues we have - not having the project name on the 'card' view - even with the colours you still need to click down on the card to see the details, or switch to the scheduling view - not a big deal, but i guess for the users its taking some time to get used to. Clicking on working on - and it not move from backlog to the new column - or having the backlog not called 'new' or being able to rename the initial board column 'new' would be good. If you put a task to in progress while in backlog obv it doesn't reflect on the board...all this has caused some confusion within the teams. Thanks for your reply btw :) Miranda Rais GVC

Level 5
Thanks for the details, I am trying to catch up on all my community question/answers now....i will pass the above on the relevant teams - thanks again. Miranda Rais GVC

Level 2
I'm using the Kanban board for our development flow, but there are a few things I have issues with before being able to go all in with the agile approach: Can't see subtasks in the story cards, which makes it hard to understand the complexity of each card without diving deeper in The colors per card do not save. As soon as you refresh the page, the colors are gone. If you have an approval process associated with a status, they disappear completely from the Kanban board until the approval is done. The "complete" column doesn't drop off cards, so it eventually gets too full and slows down the load time of that page. Need to be able to set the Complete column to an actual delivery date duration, or at least have a way to say "no longer tracking" on a card. When you have too many cards, the layout of the page breaks rather than scrolling the page. Right now I follow seven columns plus a backlog, and it squishes the information to the point of unreadable unless I hide the backlog and go full screen. Edit: I stand corrected. Darren Harper Arvest Bank Group Inc

Level 7
JFYI regarding the "Complete" column, back in January, I had asked WF Support when do the cards 'drop off' the Complete column, and they said that they will remain for 2 weeks. Right now, as far as I am aware, there is no way to customize this so that they drop off sooner. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Community Advisor
We are using Kanban for our teams with tasks on the boards. I see above where Darren mentioned that items with an approval process attached will disappear from the board while the approval is pending. We have random tasks that disappear from the boards, but these tasks do not have an approval process attached. I've submitted a ticket, but just wondering if anyone has experienced cards falling off their boards and if you've come to any conclusion on why it might be happening??

Level 2
Hello! We have noticed the following: Tasks have disappeared from our board when, on rare occasions, their status does not match with (and is neither equivalent to) one of our columns. For examplem another team we work with uses "Ready for Localization" status, but this isn't mapped to any of the columns on our board, so if they assign us a task with this status we don't see it on the board. Also, when a task has an open issue tied to it but is set to Complete, it will not be seen on our board because having the open issue makes the task status "Complete - Pending Issues" which again is not a status which is mapped to any of the columns on our board. Another thing we noticed is that completed tasks disappear from the board 2 weeks after they have been set to complete. Hope it helps! Leigh-Ann Leighann Devereux Trend Micro Inc

Level 2
Hello, we have worked around not having the project name visible on cards on the board by implementing a 3 letter acronym on each project. For example, "Leigh-Ann's Workfront Project" could be LWP. Every task in that project will then start with LWP. Eg. "LWP - Design web page". This way each task on the board which comes from a project, will have that project's acronym clearly visible on the board. Hope it helps! Leigh-Ann Leighann Devereux Trend Micro Inc

Community Advisor
Yes, we've noticed that as well when the task status is something other than any of the column names. And we've trained our project managers that if a task is missing form the board, the first thing they check is that task status. Unfortunately, tasks are also falling off the board when the task status does match a column name. Even tasks that are still in the New status, which should show in the backlog are randomly disappearing. We're feeling as though we can't trust our boards to have everything they should.

Level 2
Heather, Aside from the Status not matching one of the columns OR the project not being set to In Progress I haven't seen this. Is there any consistency or correlation of the time the card/story is in a status? In other words, are cards that have been "stuck" in the same status falling off more frequently than cards that have just be moved into the status? John Albaugh

Community Advisor
Statuses match one of the columns and projects are set to In Progress. It's definitely not tasks that have been sitting in any one status for long. It seems to be tasks that have had the team assigned within the past day or so, although certainly not all tasks, just a few. And it's hard to really say exactly how long after being added to a board the task is disappearing since it might not be noticed immediately.

Level 2
We have found that if you move a task to a column to the right and then move it back to a column on the left, sometimes it will disappear. Also, if you're using a parent task as a kanban task, the system doesn't seem to like to move those in general. I'm seeing the first few letters of my task names cut off on my boards today. Anyone else having those issues? Kim Ringelstetter CUNA Mutual Group

Level 7
Saw the first few letters cut off issue yesterday and submitted a support ticket. Support was able to duplicate it, and it is has been bumped up to Workfront development team. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
it is now posted as a known issue: Kanban board card names cut off the first letter Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
Yep, I noticed that too and have a ticket tied to the main one. The kanban board has been a little buggy in 2020, first with issues linking to "undefined" URLs, then this thing with the cut off first letter and columns that go on for daaaaays. Darren Harper