Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Issues with Changing Percent Complete on Tasks

Level 3
Hi Workfront Community, Just curious if anyone is having issues changing the percent complete on a task within a project. We have ran into an issue on a project where I cannot change the percentage from 100% back to 50% because the system automatically reverts it back to 100%. I have manage access to both the project and sharing permissions. Erika Garrett
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Erika, Is the "Completion Mode" on the project set to automatic? If so, change it to manual and then try changing the percent complete of a task to 50. Also, if the task you're trying to adjust is a parent task, that won't work. You can only control the percent complete of tasks that have no children. Thanks, Narayan

Level 10
HI Erika, If you're changing the % Complete on a Summary/Parent Task it won't allow that. The Summary/Parent Task calculates a rollup of the child tasks. So you may have to change the % Complete on one of the child tasks or create a new one. But let us know if that's not what happened here. Thanks.

Level 3
I am not changing the parent task, it is a sub task to the parent. We also have the permissions of manual complete versus auto complete. Unsure it is just a system glitch or something in the backend. We have never had this happen and all our projects are set the same for the most part other than some sharing permissions. We were also experiencing nit being able to export a template to excel yesterday as well getting a 504 connection error. Erika Garrett