Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Issue Status Names Instead of Status Value

Level 4

I have a calculated field on my report that is looking for issues that were opened during the last reporting period, regardless of current status. I have the output to concat the issue name and status, but I'm getting the status value instead of the status name. Any ideas how to get the status name?

My valueexpression is basically: valueexpression=IF(<verylongwindedstatement>,CONCAT("‚ñ∫ ",{name}," - ",{status})," ")

My return is showing as: <issuename> - INP or <issuename> - CLS

And what I want is: <issuename> - In Progress or <issuename> - Closed

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Curious if someone has a better solution. I go through and put IF statements for my statuses (leaving New for the end)

valueexpression=IF(<verylongwindedstatement>,CONCAT("‚ñ∫ ",{name}," - ",IF({status}="INP","In Progress",IF({status}="CLS","Closed",IF({status}="CAN","Cancelled",IF({status}="ONH","On Hold","New"))))),"")

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Curious if someone has a better solution. I go through and put IF statements for my statuses (leaving New for the end)

valueexpression=IF(<verylongwindedstatement>,CONCAT("‚ñ∫ ",{name}," - ",IF({status}="INP","In Progress",IF({status}="CLS","Closed",IF({status}="CAN","Cancelled",IF({status}="ONH","On Hold","New"))))),"")

Level 4

Ooh, I didn't think of that. That should give me what I want, let me combine it with my valueexpression and see what it looks like.

Level 10

Hei @Chris Flynn‚

Is it possible to share the whole text code for the above?

Would like to test in one of our report?

Kind regards,

Kundan.

Level 4

Of course, I've placed it below.

Just to explain what I'm trying to accomplish, it's for a column that would capture any issued open at any time during our status period (a week back from current week) and the current status of the issue. We also store status reports and change requests as issues, so there's portions there to exclude those from the list (since they're captured elsewhere). And there's some customization to our status names, so that's reflected too.

The intent is to capture any issue from last week, including closed ones, in order to reflect issue work and issue resolution the PM did during the last week.

I'm not the best with the code, so it might be a little clunky.

displayname=Issues This Period / Status

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(project.issues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({plannedStartDate}<=$$TODAYbw&&{actualCompletionDate}>=$$TODAYbw-1w&&{actualCompletionDate}<$$TODAYb&&{DE:Is this a status report?}!="yes"||{plannedStartDate}<=$$TODAYbw&&ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate})&&{DE:Is this a status report?}!="yes",CONCAT("‚ñ∫ ",{name}," - ",IF({status}="INP","In Progress",IF({status}="CLS","Resolved",IF({status}="CWR","Closed / Won't Resolve",IF({status}="ONH","On Hold",IF({status}="ROP","Reopened","New"))))))," ")

valueformat=HTML