Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a workaround to the limitations of setting frequency and reoccurrence to an established task on projects?

Level 3

I have a coworker that wants to make it so that existing tasks on projects that they have are recurring and have a frequency tied to them. From what I can tell, Workfront only allows the user this option when creating a new task in a project, but I cannot see a way to do it for existing tasks without recreating the original task. Is there a way to work around this limitation? Am I overlooking something obvious? Or am I correct in telling my coworker that all project tasks need to be established as recurring and/or with frequency assigned from the creation of that task, or else nothing can be done?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mphowell Based on the article, Create Recurring Tasks, they must be created from scratch versus editing an existing task. I did see that a customer already submitted this as an Idea (here), so I would recommend that you up-like it and I can surface this to the Workfront Product team for additional consideration. 

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 4.22.35 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mphowell Based on the article, Create Recurring Tasks, they must be created from scratch versus editing an existing task. I did see that a customer already submitted this as an Idea (here), so I would recommend that you up-like it and I can surface this to the Workfront Product team for additional consideration. 

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 4.22.35 PM.png