Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to NOT show requests (issues) on timesheets?

Level 1

We convert all requests (issues) to projects or tasks. I'd like to not show requests on our timesheets and push everyone to log time to tasks on projects only. The only solution I can find is to disconnect the requests as resolving objects in order to complete the requests. Is there a better way to keep people from logging time to requests?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Autumn Shultz‚ I would recommend checking what is being populated automatically on timesheets via Setup > Timesheets & Hours > Preferences. There is a section for Pre-Populate Timesheets with an option for "Tasks & Issues that have Planned Dates in timesheet's date range" that you'll want to make sure is not checked.

This should remove issues from timesheets and instead just keep both project and tasks.

Level 2

Hi @NicholeVargas for a similar scenario, if we have clients submitting requests and we hide them from timesheets, it is a good option. However, for some cases we also have approval processes creating issues upon rejection. If we hide the issues from timesheets, can users still track time against those instead of the ones that are converted into a project. Currently, there is no differentiation between the 2 issues of planned vs unplanned work. 

Regards,

Shirin

Employee Advisor

@shirinshaikh If a user has at least Contribute access + Log Time selected (via sharing permissions) to an issue, they will be able to log time. If you are excluding issues from timesheets, a user would need to go into the object directly to log time. That may be a challenge when it comes to adoption, as users will be required to log time in multiple spaces, so keep that in mind when updating timesheet preferences. There will likely be some form of enablement required if users should only be logging time on one specific issue type vs all issue types.