Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to make a column on a report that the info only lives on the report?

Level 5

I am wondering if there is a way to add a notes column on a project report that allows the user to type in any personal notes they need for that project BUT for those notes not to be posted within the project. I am thinking for example if a report was used at a status meeting and the Project Manager wanted to make notes on what they need to do or check on that pertains to that project but they don't want these personal notes to post on the project they are merely for helping them with meeting notes and they would remove those comments once they addressed them. I'm thinking it isn't possible but I have a friend who is using google sheets to track her projects because Workfront isn't able to do this. I am always trying to keep everything in Workfront so I was hoping to find a solution for her.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7

Reports within Workfront are simply displaying information that's stored somewhere on one of the WF objects (tasks, projects, issues etc), so I don't think what you're describing would be possible quite that way. That being said, depending on your environment, it is possible to create fields on a custom form that can be limited in visibility.

Two options could be a section on a project-level form that's only visible to those with Manage access to the project. If your environment happens to limit that to only the PM running the project - then that could be a simple solution. If that isn't viable, there are more granular settings available to limit access to the Custom Form itself, and then further limit access/write access to the individual fields on that form.

I haven't specifically tried your use-case with those settings, so it would take some testing to make sure it did what you wanted first.

Katherine

Level 4

I agree with Katherine: Make a custom form that has limited access. You should be able to pull that field from the custom form into the report for live, tabular updating.

Level 2

We had the same request and we used a section that was viewable/Editable by those with permission to Manage the Project. We then added it to a view for them, so that they could see/enter/edit them right in the view. So far they've been happy with it. Much better than a separate sheet outside of the system.