Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to list Project field on a Task report but only have it show in the first task that is not complete?

Level 6

We have a field on our Projects named Brief Status and Summary.

I have a task report that groups by Project and I would like to add that note field to it, but when I do it repeats that information for every task. I'm trying to streamline this to only display necessary information so having this repeat causes clutter. Is there a way in text mode to tell it to only display if its the first task that is not complete in the project? Or any other limiting information that would restrict it to one task but would always display on this report?

What would really be awesome is if we could display information in the Grouping Row. So that row would say the project name - (the info in the Brief Status Summary field). A girl can dream!

Pretty sure the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Tracy, I could be misunderstanding your request, but I think the grouping row information is possible. It would look like this:

group.0.valueexpression=CONCAT({project}.{name}," - (",{project}.{DE:Brief Status and Summary},")")

Not sure what happens if the Brief Status and Summary is lengthy though, it might cut it off at a certain point.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Tracy, I could be misunderstanding your request, but I think the grouping row information is possible. It would look like this:

group.0.valueexpression=CONCAT({project}.{name}," - (",{project}.{DE:Brief Status and Summary},")")

Not sure what happens if the Brief Status and Summary is lengthy though, it might cut it off at a certain point.

Level 4

Also, just to elaborate on the formula a little bit0694X00000FRHpiQAH.png

Level 6

This is awesome, You are my Hero today. Thank you so much!

Level 6

One more question, Is there a way to edit that line of code to make the project name bold?

Level 4

Oh gosh, I don't know if I can be your hero on that one. I've always stayed away from the text coloring and formatting. I tried to hunt down some information, but I'm only finding text formatting for columns, not grouping. Sorry!