Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to budget within a project without using resource planning etc? we have a group using excel to keep track of expenses / budgets for various social media outlets (boosted facebook posts etc) and they are doing it manually but keeping in sale

Level 7

we have a group using excel to keep track of expenses / budgets for various social media outlets (ie: boosted facebook posts) and they are doing it manually but keeping in salesforce.

we have not used resource planning or any of the financial aspects in WF and it all seems confusing to me. do I have to start with a resource pool? add people? associate a cost for their time? or can a cost be associated with just a task?....I am just looking for simplest way to track costs, not time, not availability...planned budget vs actual costs.

Is this something I can do in WF?....this is area I am least familiar with!!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi (again) Tegwyn,

It might suffice to just set up a designated Project and use Expense Planned and Estimated costs to track what you need (e.g. with a Prompted report to see the variances and find what you need), but in case you're interested in a broader solution (including % used), I invite you to consider our Budget to Actual solution, too.

Regards,

Doug

Thank you (again) Doug =)

I guess I could have used the term "inventory" also, but I did set up a project as you suggest....just haven't done anything past that.

lol. I'll try out what you propose ....all your apps are really slick.

Teg