Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a way to audit custom forms and fields to see which ones aren't being used?

Level 4

I want to clean up our field library a little bit but don't want to make any changes that could affect recent projects. Is there a way to see which projects custom fields are tied to?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can see which forms that fields are used in by going to the custom forms section of Setup and clicking on the "Fields" tab. If there is no Forms column, you can add one via a custom view and selecting parameter>>forms.

The way I've found to see which forms are being used is to do a report for each object type. For instance, A Project report that is grouped by category (forms are called categories in the API) shows me which forms are being used and how many times. It does not show forms that are NOT being used. You'll have to compare this to a full list of forms to see which forms are NOT present. It's a bit backwards but it works.

This method can apply to user forms, issue forms, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can see which forms that fields are used in by going to the custom forms section of Setup and clicking on the "Fields" tab. If there is no Forms column, you can add one via a custom view and selecting parameter>>forms.

The way I've found to see which forms are being used is to do a report for each object type. For instance, A Project report that is grouped by category (forms are called categories in the API) shows me which forms are being used and how many times. It does not show forms that are NOT being used. You'll have to compare this to a full list of forms to see which forms are NOT present. It's a bit backwards but it works.

This method can apply to user forms, issue forms, etc.

Level 4

Thank you so much this is really helpful! I had been wondering about what the category thing meant!

Level 2

Hi Randy,

I'm resurrecting this old post to thank you for the suggestion about creating a report for projects grouped by category--just wanted to ask if you knew how to make the report show ALL the custom forms associated with each project, instead of just one? I'm sure it's a text mode thing but I'm clueless about that...