Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a way to add more than one "Go to Proof" button in new proof emails to link to the multiple documents I upload for review?

Level 2

We have the ability to upload multiple documents for proofing at one time on a single project. However, the new proof email (even a custom one) that goes to reviewers/approvers has only one "Go to Proof" button that links to just one of the documents. Many times recipients don't know there are multiple documents to review, or they don't know how to get to them without using the button link in the proof email. What is the point of being able to upload multiple documents for proofing at once if I have to send followup emails for each of them anyway? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It allows you to upload them all at once, so you don't have to go through the process of uploading each file individually.

If you don't select that single proof button, you maintain separate files and separate proofs and will need to send separate emails for each one - everything stays separate even though it's uploaded at the same time. But if you do select that button it will create a single proof containing all documents that you're currently uploading so there will be 1 proof and 1 email for that combined proof.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

When you upload multiple documents, are you clicking the button to combine them into a single proof? Or are you leaving them as separate documents?

If you're combining them to a single proof, the recipients should see all the documents within the 1 proof that the "Go to proof" button will take them to.

If you're leaving them as separate documents, you would create a separate proof for each one and each of those proofs should send a separate email with its own "Go to proof" button, recipients would just need to know that each email leads them to a different proof.

Level 2

If the system gives me the option to upload multiple documents at once for proofing and not combine them into a single proof, I should be able to send that one email message with links to those multiple proofs.   

If I can't do this, why is it an only an option (a lever switch) to combine the documents into a single proof?

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 9.36.07 AM.png

Shouldn't the system automatically combine them if I add more than one document at a time? Maybe with a note that says something to the effect of, "These are combined. Upload as separate proofs if you want to keep them separate." Instead, that little lever makes me believe I can add separate proofs using that one email notification. 

In my office there are sometimes multiple proofs under one project. They are related, yet separate deliverables that must all be completed at once with the same workflow. (e.g., product sales sheets that need updating—20 different products, but the same type of deliverable, all due at once, with the same approvers/reviewers) I want to keep the proofs separate, so they are not a string of 20 pages someone has to wade through at once. It would be great if I could upload them all at once, keeping them as separate proofs, and notifying recipients with links that go to each. On the other hand, there are sometimes just two documents that are related to the same project, but different deliverables that we really need to route as separate pieces at the same time.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It allows you to upload them all at once, so you don't have to go through the process of uploading each file individually.

If you don't select that single proof button, you maintain separate files and separate proofs and will need to send separate emails for each one - everything stays separate even though it's uploaded at the same time. But if you do select that button it will create a single proof containing all documents that you're currently uploading so there will be 1 proof and 1 email for that combined proof.

Level 2

That's basically the way I understood it to work. Would love to just be able to have the option to do it in one fell swoop: Upload all documents, keep them as separate proofs, customize one email to the reviewers/approvers (saying something like, "Hey, take a look at these three proof documents..."), and not have to go back into each individual proof document to do a separate email.