Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a log or report of user activity?

Level 2

Please we need to know if it is possible to see a log of the activity of each user, which projects did he enter?

How is that process or in what place or menu can we review it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 6

I would just create a project report and a column for Entered by Name.

Level 4

Mario, are you wanting something that shows clicks at all object types? Or just what projects that person created?

Level 2

Hello Leigh, How are you?

Here's the context: we have hired outside vendors who use WorkFront.

Due to this condition of being external to our company, somehow we need to know which projects they enter, whether they are members of a project or not, as well as what actions they perform on them.

I don't want to call it an audit, but rather a monitoring action.

If there is some way to obtain that report or record, we could apply it to all users.

Thanks in advanced

Level 7

Hi Mario,

The answer depends on what information you want to see. If you only need projects, Chris's answer is perfect. If you want absolutely everything, you could look at the 'Updates' feed on their account in the People tab - though that's incredibly detailed.

For a middle ground that would cover Projects, Issues and Tasks, I would start with a 'Work Item' report and filter on the Entered by or Updated by fields for that user.

If you need some other information, can you provide more details?

Katherine

Level 2

Hi Katherine.

Hello

Thank you very much for your comment.

I generated a user report by calling the Entered By field, but what I see is that it does not bring me all the user information.

I confirm it because a user has accessed a project and it is not indicated in the report, also another user accesses 3 projects and only reports one that he created.

Regards

Mario V√°zquez

Level 2

Hello Katherine

Thank you very much for your comment.

I generated a user report by calling the Entered By field, but what I see is that it does not bring me all the user information.

I confirm it because a user has accessed a project and it is not indicated in the report, also another user accesses 3 projects and only reports one that he created.

Level 6

Well you just wanted to see who entered a project. AFAIK there is no way (not even through the API) to get info on who accessed a project. As Katherine wrote, with the API you can easily get all the updates on a project, you could write that in a table to get the change infos.

Level 7

Hi Mario,

To my knowledge, there is no way to report on who viewed a project. That's not considered an 'activity' by Workfront. Workfront records when information changes, ie a task is completed, a project is created etc. The only place in Workfront that I've seen data on who accessed something is in Reporting and even that's just a simple count and not an audit log.

For a specific user, you can report on things like this:

• Project - Entered By, Last Updated By, Owner, Sponsor
  • Task - Entered by, Updated by, Assigned To (either person, team or combination), Hours logged
  • Issues - Submitted by, updated by, assigned to, hours logged

If you have specific concerns about what they can access or what actions they can perform, that would be controllable with their access levels and project security settings.

If what you need is more complex, that might be a good thing to contact your Account rep to discuss. They may have more creative solutions that we haven't thought of yet.

Katherine

Level 2

Hi Katherine

Your comment is correct, thank you very much.

I am checking with WorkFront support if there is a solution or what options there are to get what we require.

I keep you informed.

Regards

Mario V√°zquez